Monday, March 19, 2012

Game Release

I set this blog up (goes back a page to check).. almost 3 years ago!? in hopes that someday I would be ready to release my own game. Not for money but as a self achievement kinda thing.. something to be proud of.. You know!

So over last xmas I decided to give it another go, but this time in ios. Luckily I came across a project called cocos2d-x, a game engine written in c++ which deploys mobile games across android, ios, windows, and many more platforms. So with my modest knowledge of c++ and my rusty art skills, I gave it a shot. Its now march, and I'm pleased to say its come a long way.

The game is inspired by, well my inspirations, minecraft, space, sci-fi and some tron-like graphics. The idea is simple. Your in a 2d world made up of blocks, some blocks fly, some shoot lasers, e.t.c., anyway you can put these blocks together to build a flying shooting tank, or one that just slides along the ground.. The game play is still up in the air, I may introduce characters which can also build creations to launch attacks on the player.

So thats where the game's at now. I'm hoping to release it to the ios store/ android store mid/late april after I've had a few friends try it out first :)

More updates to come.. I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels